The Living Composers Project, USA: Founder, 2000; Curator, 2000–
– Collaborating with composers to create texts reflecting their lives and works and maintaining exchanges with them, for the purpose of keeping information current;
– Reviewing and adding links to individual websites;
– Ensuring accuracy of information, both collated and presented;
– Maintaining the documents, links or separate pages of more than 4400 composers represented in the website, initially in collaboration and thereafter alone.
Cybele Records, Germany: Translator, 2003–
– Translating texts from German to English for inclusion as printed material for SACD releases;
– Coordinating bilingual texts;
– Translating occasional material for promotions and the website of the label.
Contemporary Music Review, UK: Volume Editor, 2004–14; Member of Editorial Board, 2014–
Duties include (first capacity):
– Translating texts for inclusion;
– Writing texts for inclusion;
– Finding contributors to write essays for themed volumes;
– Editing submitted essays for inclusion;
– Ensuring accuracy of submitted texts;
– Selecting photographs, scores and other visual material for inclusion;
– Preparing submission of completed journal for approval by publisher.
Duties include (second capacity):
– Suggesting and evaluating proposals for future volumes.
La Folia, USA: Critic, 2004–06; 2008–
– Evaluating new CD releases, radio broadcasts;
– Comparing new and old CD releases;
– Writing concert reviews;
– Writing commentaries on contemporary music and performance praxis.
Ear Taxi Festival, USA: Festival Program Book Editor, 2016
– Compiling all information for the programme book;
– Editing and arranging received materials;
– Verifying accuracy of all content, biographical and otherwise.
– English (native)
– German (advanced: reading, speaking, writing)
– French (advanced: reading; fair: speaking, writing)
– Italian (fair: reading; poor: speaking, writing)
– Spanish (fair: reading; poor: speaking, writing)
– Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese (elementary)
Current as of 28 January 2017.